- This event has passed.
WWCodeManila’s Online Study Group – DevOps: Containerization with Docker
May 28 @ 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
DevOps Online Study Group is happening this May 28, 2020.
Topic: 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿
If you want to learn more about DevOps, come and join us. Thank you Charo Nuguid for leading our DevOps study group this week.
Remember to answer this form so we can move you from Waitlist to RSVP https://bit.ly/wwcode-may2020-studygroup
Call time: 8:30 pm
Event proper starts: 9:00 pm
* * *
What is DevOps?
People think DevOps is a role or position to be filled. Far from it! DevOps is more of a way of working to improve collaboration between development and operations.
* * *
What is the topic for this session?
This session we’ll be talking about containerization and how to use one of the well-known tools for this: Docker.
In preparation for this, please go through the following.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺:
The free ebook covers topics including:
– A look at how open source ecosystems define the ecosystem
– Data on how containers are forcing shifts in the IT marketplace
– The Go programming language’s vital role for the container ecosystem
– Docker and containers managed across distributed resources
The next few links are hands on tutorials. You may want to read through the whole Docker Documentation. But if it feels overwhelming for you, the next three links are great to help you ease in to Docker.
𝗗𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: https://docs.docker.com/get-started/
𝗔 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀: https://docker-curriculum.com/
𝗗𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬𝟭 – 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘆𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/docker-101-creation-to-deployment/
𝗗𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀 – 𝗔 𝗙𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗢𝗽𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗥𝘂𝗻 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqMOX6JJhGo
* * *
In prep for this event:
1. Good Internet Connection.
2. Study group will be hosted through Zoom, so please don’t forget to install that on your machines as well. Webcams are optional but a microphone would be helpful if you plan to present your work as well. You can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dtfCsS17q8 to know how to turn your smartphone in a microphone to use in Zoom.
3. Docker and Docker Compose must be installed on your machine.
4. Have your own web app ready that you could use for this session. It would be nice if your web app has more that one component available (e.g., app + database). The app can be in any language of your choosing.
* * *
What is a Technical Study Group?
Women Who Code Technical Study Groups are events where women can come together and help each other learn and understand a specific programming language, technology, or anything related to coding or engineering.
We welcome developers of all levels and encourage those with more experience to help out those that are just starting. There’s always at least one mentor or leader present to help you with best practices or to guide you through if you are stuck with a nasty problem! 🙂
(Definition taken from Women Who Code DC) (https://womenwhocode.com/DC)
If you weren’t able to attend our Intro to Technical Study Group Event last Feb 11, 2017, but wants to attend this event.
Please join our Facebook Group – WWCode Manila (https://www.facebook.com/groups/wwcodemanila/)
Go to Videos, look for the 2nd to the last video, Introduction to Technical Study Group.
Please watch this before attending our study groups so you know what to expect. Thank you. 🙂
* * *
Getting to know you more:
Please answer this form (http://bit.ly/WWCodeManilaSubscribe) if you haven’t answered it yet! We love to know more about you.
* * *
This event is free. Link to this event will be sent over 24 hours before the start of the event.